The Scratch Biscuit w/ Tillamook Cheddar & Parmesan
First things first, pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Wisk dry ingredients
- 4 tablespoons butter, small cubed, chilled
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Crumble in with fingers
- 1 cup milk, chilled
- 1 cup Shredded Tillamook
- 1 cup Shedded Parmesan
Mix in with fingers until all of the ingredients are incorporated and you have a sticky dough
- Dust the counter with flour and scrape the dough on to the flour.
- Dust the top of the dough with flour.
- Flatten the dough, and fold over in half. ( repeat 5 or 6 times ) *don’t knead or over work the dough
- Flatten the dough to about 1″ thick.
- Cut in rounds & stack next to each other on wax paper on baking sheet.
- Bake for 17min
Note: This pairs really well with my Caramelized Onion & Maple Sausage Gravy